Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Grandma's garden , wild mushrooms and more from Nürnberg




Florian 's family are a wonderful though perhaps not typical German family, they have a beautiful home and garden with everything froms apples to bees and Grandma, though she spoke no English, gave Nadia and I the grand tour, sampling as we walked.



it was sort of fairytale with mushrooms the size of your head and smiling people everywhere,minature houses and german being spoken. a charming time and essential in getting to know and love germany better.



Florian's parents cutting up the mushrooms from their days forage.




Crazy nutcrackers at the toy museum which had an amazing collection of old wooden dolls and minatures.



unfortunately, no magic ones.



at a rock and roll disco

2 comments:

Naked Kim said...

You girls are just too cute!!
Florian too!

oxoxox

Unknown said...

Hey those mushrooms making me salivate. Actually I got some mushrooms right in back of my house that look a lot like some of those, too bad I don't have any mushroom books...


Well I guess i want to leave a message for Monique since i don't have your e-mail, I e-mailed Julia and gave her my friend Indiana's e-mail, but she replied once several days ago and hasn't gotten back to me. Indiana said she might be able to help you find some farm work, I'm a bit confused to what she is up to, she is in north west on the coast of the atlantic in spain now. So, with that i will leave you her e-mail and wish you great fortune on the rest of your trip!

deasum@gmail.com

Beware of good things to come, sending positive intentionality your way! Take care of Julia haha...